Last Updated on February 3, 2021
What is McAfee Safe Connect?
The internet has become an extremely vital tool in all of our lives which enables us to engage in social interactions as well as carry out academic and work related activities whenever needed. As such, in a time of need, you may find yourself looking for and connecting your devices to public WiFi networks or hot-spots that are available at your current location. It is important to remember, however, that data streams on the public networks are unprotected and can be hijacked by anyone in the vicinity. To ensure your data safety even on these seemingly unsafe networks, you can invest in a handy tool known as a Virtual Private Network or a VPN. For example, the McAfee Safe Connect application gives you access to a VPN that encrypts your data steam, hides your identity, masks your IP address, and makes your online experience as secure as possible.
How to remove Safe Connect from your system?
Downloading McAfee Safe Connect is extremely easy using the activation code. All you have to do is enter it at mcafee.com/activate, log in, and download the product. If, for any reasons, you are looking to remove the software from your device, use the following step by step guide:
Removing From a Windows PC
- Go to Start.
- Open the Control Panel.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- In the list of programs, find McAfee Safe Connect. Select it.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Follow the subsequently appearing on screen instructions to finish removing the program from your system.
Removing From an iOS Device
- Locate the McAfee Safe Connect app on the screen and hold down until the icons start to wiggle.
- Tap the little x on the top right corner of the icon.
- Choose Delete to confirm your selection.
- Press the Home button to return to the default state.
Removing From an Android Device
- First of all, you need to remove the McAfee Safe Connect app from the Device Administrator list.
- Go to Settings.
- Head over to Location & Security.
- Open Device Administrators.
- Unselect Safe Connect.
- Now within the Settings, open Applications.
- Go to Installed Applications/Manage Applications.
- Select Safe Connect.
- Open the Options and choose Uninstall/Remove.