Last Updated on January 10, 2021
McAfee Antivirus not only prevents viruses from entering your system and creating chaos, but it also quarantines infected files and other forms of malware that may have broken through without fail. The internet security aspect of McAfee Security detects viruses that may not be found on its virus detection library and keeps your online activity as safe and secure as possible. To reinstall McAfee Security keep reading this article.
The process of installing McAfee Antivirus is simple and easy to handle. It can be downloaded online through www.mcafee.com/activate or it may be installed remotely through an installation CD/DVD. Online installation and activation is user friendly when the internet facility is available and your connection is stable.
Uninstalling McAfee Security center
To reinstall the McAfee Security Center on your PC, you have to remove the McAfee software from your system first:
- Open the control panel of your PC.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Now right click on your mcafee.com/activate product or program.
- Select Uninstall/Change.
- Click on Remove and restart your system.
- Now your system is unprotected from viruses and malware. To reequip it with the protection features, you have to reinstall the McAfee activate Security Center as soon as possible.
Purchasing a McAfee Security center subscription
McAfee security products can be purchased through an online web store or may be purchased in retail. Ultimately, your goal is to obtain the 25 digit alphanumeric key which is necessary for the activation process. Before reinstalling McAfee, make sure that the already installed antivirus is completely uninstalled/removed from the system.
How to reinstall McAfee Security center?
After removing and purchasing new McAfee Security center subscription to reinstall McAfee Security center on your device. You need to follow these steps:
- Once you know your subscription code, launch your browser.
- Go to Mcafee.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code for McAfee Security center.
- Log in with your email address and password.
- Click on the Download link.
- Now click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- Double click on the setup program and proceed as instructed.
- You must read the terms and conditions mentioned on the dashboard and then click on Agree.
- Now McAfee Security software is reinstalled on your system.
- Click on Finish and restart your system to completely reinstall McAfee Security .