Last Updated on February 19, 2021
McAfee Antivirus vows to give you unparalleled system protection and data security, and in a cyber world rampant with cyber crime, what more could you ask for? Use this guide to help yourself install McAfee Antivirus on your Windows 10 system with no trouble:
Preparation before the installation
Before you go anywhere near installing the actual product from the McAfee website, you need to make sure that your system is ready for the download. To begin with, you should ideally go through the minimum system requirements for McAfee products to be compatible with any PC. They can be found by searching for the TS102471. Apart from the minimum system requirements, you should also make sure that your PC is up to date. This means that your Windows operating system should be the latest Windows 10 version. Here is how you can check for Windows updates:
- Go to Start.
- Search or Windows Update.
- In the new window, click on Check for Updates.
- If there are any available updates, you will be guided through the process. Apply all the updates and then move ahead with the installation of the McAfee product.
Steps for installing McAfee antivirus on an Windows 10 system
The actual process of downloading and activating McAfee Antivirus on your system is extremely simple and straightforward. All you need is the McAfee product key which can be obtained and redeemed by following these steps:
- To purchase a subscription of your desired McAfee product, either head over to the online store or go to the nearest retail store.
- As a result of your purchase, you will receive either a retail card or a confirmation email depending on whether you purchased it from a store or online respectively. This receipt contains the McAfee product key which is unique to your subscription only and will be needed while installing McAfee, so keep it safe and secure.
- Launch your browser and go to Mcafee.com/activate.
- Here, you will see a prompt asking you to enter the activation code which is a 25 digit alphanumeric key.
- Submit the code.
- Enter your email address and password to log into your McAfee account. You can also create a new account if you would like to.
- Once you are logged in and the purchase has been redeemed, you can click on the Download button.
- Run the installer file.
- Follow the on screen prompts to finish activation of the product.
Follow these steps and you will not face any issue while installing McAfee. If you still face any issue, you can check out following link to resolve it: