Last Updated on February 19, 2021
McAfee Antivirus is one of the most popular choices when it comes to antivirus programs for PCs and other mobile tech devices. It equips your device with a number of protective features that keep your personal data as safe and secure as possible, away from the reach of hackers and malicious third parties. If you are facing McAfee error 9001, this article can help you resolve it.
What is a McAfee error?
While McAfee Antivirus runs very smoothly for the most part, it is not uncommon for users to occasionally run into some minor issues and errors. These errors serve to inform you that there is something that is preventing the McAfee software from performing its function which may put your PC at risk of contracting viruses and other malware, which is why it is important to deal with these issues immediately.
One of these errors is the McAfee Error 9001. As a result of experiencing this error, the McAfee software may cause your computer to slow down, freeze, or even crash altogether. The error will also be displayed across your screen as an urgent notification requiring immediate attention.
How does the McAfee error 9001 occur?
There are many reasons why the McAfee error 9001 may arise and interfere with your computer as well as antivirus performance. This includes the presence of a virus or some form of malware on your system, incomplete installation of the McAfee software, deletion of McAfee associated files or registries, as well as other invalidates or damage to the registry entries.
How can I fix the error 9001 on McAfee software?
When it comes to fixing this error, follow these steps in order and see if the antivirus program starts working after each one:
System Restore for Windows
- Go to Start.
- Search for System Restore.
- Enter the administrative password when asked.
- Follow the instructions to restore the system.
- Restore the best suited Windows for your system.
- Restart the PC.
- The McAfee error 9001 can be caused due to out of date and old system drivers.
- You can either turn on automatic updates or manually update them through a drive or through the internet.
- Disk cleanup and removal of temporary files can help fix the error 9001 as well.
- Go to Start.
- Open the command prompt using cmd.exe.
- Type in “cleanmgr”.
- Select the files you want to delete and allow the disk cleanup to finish.
If all else fails, the last resort is to contact the official customer support through the McAfee website and communicate your McAfee error 9001 issue to them to obtain an effective solution.