Whether you are using a mobile phone, a tablet, a laptop, or a desktop computer, ensuring your online and digital safety should be one of the primary things on your mind. Considering just how much information we share and store on our devices and online social media accounts, it is no wonder that hackers are always looking to exploit vulnerabilities and wreak havoc through these tech devices.
A strong antivirus or anti malware program is an essential component of your initial line of defense against these hackers, and often the only one you need, especially if you invest in a solution like McAfee Antivirus. McAfee.com/activate is one of the most popular antivirus programs all across the globe and for good reason- it equips your device with a host of features that protect your identity, give you data security, and optimize your PC performance.
PRE INSTALLED McAFEE ANTIVIRUS
If you have recently purchased a new device, you may be surprised to find the McAfee.com/activate Antivirus program already installed on it. This is usually only the trial version of the software and can be activated once you purchase a subscription to an actual McAfee.com/activate product. Some people, however, simply prefer to remove this trial version of the antivirus program and download it fresh from www.McAfee.com/activate. If you are looking to uninstall the trial version of McAfee Antivirus from your system, follow these steps:
● Go to Start.
● Open the Control Panel.
● Go to Programs and Features.
● Select McAfee.com/activate Antivirus and click on Remove/Uninstall.
● You can also delete any additional McAfee tools that may be present on the device other than the trial version of the software.
● Restart your computer.
● Another means to uninstall the trial version of McAfee.com/activate Antivirus from your system is by using the McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool (MCPR).
● You can download this tool from the McAfee website.
● Open the MCPR.exe file and give it the security clearing.
● Click on Next and Agree to the End User License Agreement (EULA).
● Type in the characters you see at the Security Validation screen and click on Next.
● Run the tool and allow it to remove any and all McAfee products from your system.
● Once the removal by the MCPR tool is done, you can restart your computer.