When your existing McAfee subscription is about to get expired, it is renewed automatically so that your system continues to be protected from digital threats. When you are setting up your Account at McAfee.com/activate and purchasing your first subscription, you are required to enter your billing information such as credit card details. The amount for the auto renewal is deducted from this source. You can view this purchase from your credit card activity as well as in your email as McAfee sends you a receipt for the auto renewal.
In case that you were not aware that your Auto Renewal was turned on and do not want to continue with this particular McAfee.com/activate product, you are eligible to apply for a full refund within 60 days of the renewed subscription. You can get the details of the date of the purchase from the credit card or email receipt sent by McAfee.com/activate.
HOW TO GET A REFUND ON AUTO RENEWAL
- It is important to know that refunds on McAfee.com/activate subscriptions are not given through simple email. You must either call customer support or get in touch with them through chat.
- Head over to service.McAfee.com.
- In the customer support section, find the option that says Request a Refund.
- Visualize the menu asking Why Do You Need a Refund. Here, click on Unexpected Renewal.
- In the form given below, enter your name, your phone number, and your email through which you would like to be contacted.
- Click Submit and wait for a response from the official McAfee.com/activate customer support team.
Users who have accidentally renewed a When your existing McAfee subscription is about to get expired, it is renewed automatically so that your system continues to be protected from digital threats.product automatically without intending to use it are typically given the refund if they get in touch with support in the given time frame which is within 60 days of the purchase. After you have received the refund, it is imperative for you to remove the product from your PC along with any associated files.
To stop auto renewals from happening again in the future and charging you for it, you can request the customer support representative to disable the auto renewal feature for you or remove your credit card information from your account. You can also disable it yourself by logging into your account, clicking Edit on your Billing Details and turning the toggle off for Auto Renewal.